How to pay your Portuguese taxes from abroad
HOW TO PAY TAXES FROM ABROAD
You have two options to pay your taxes: Direct debit or Bank transfer
1) If you choose for bank transfer, please provide your bank with the information set out below so that the bank, when carrying out the transfer, could send such information to Tax Administration, as it is essential for the identification of the payment:
You just need to make a transfer from your bank with the following information:
- Your Portuguese fiscal number / "Identificação Fiscal" - (located in the lower left corner of your invoice unther the title "Identificação Fiscal" )
- The reference number for payment /“Referencia para Pagamento" - (located in the bottom left corner of your invoice)
To the following account:
Creditor´s name: Autoridade Tributaria e Aduaneira
Bank account number: 83 69 27
IBAN: PT50 0781 0019 00000008369 27
Bank Name: Agência de Gestão da Tesouraria e da Dívida Pública – IGCP, E.P.E.
SWIFT Code: IGCPPTPL
• You must make a bank transfer for each payment document. The payment is recommended to be made at least 2 working days before the deadline.
2) If you choose direct debit: the IBAN of the account you want to use for payment must be domiciled with a bank located in a country of the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA). SEPA countries are: The Member States of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City State.
- To pay a given amount by direct debit, whose deadline expires in a specified month or on the first working day of the following month, you must have completed the sign up process before the 15th of that month (or on day 10 in the case of instalment payments). The accession procedure is recommended to be initiated 5 working days before the deadline referred to above.
To find out more on how to pay taxes from abroad, click here to access the instruction manual provided by the Finance department in Portuguese, English and French.
Click here for an overview of the Portuguese Tax System and useful forms